If you want to restore the healthy glow to your skin, microdermabrasion can do it for you. It is a non-invasive procedure that tackles skin imperfections for people of all ages, and is also an excellent treatment for ageing, tired skin. This article looks at some of the other benefits of microdermabrasion (click here).
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic technique that involves the use of tiny crystals to slough away dead skin cells. These skin cells often make the skin look dull and dry, so removing them refreshes the skin.
Microdermabrasion can be done in 15 to 30 minutes, but this varies depending on the size of the area being treated. Patients experience only minimal pain during the procedure, and afterwards there will be some swelling and redness for a few hours.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Brightens and refreshes the skin. Microdermabrasion gets rid of the outermost layer of dead skin cells, to reveal skin that is clearer and looks younger.
- Accelerates cell renewal. Cell turnover decreases with age, but exfoliating the dead skin on the surface of the skin helps to speed up the rate at which cells regenerate.
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections such as acne scars, brown spots, fine wrinkles, and age spots.
- Facilitates better penetration of the active ingredients in skin care products.
- Can be performed on all skin types, including sensitive skin, without there being significant side effects.
If you are impressed with the benefits of microdermabrasion and would like to find out if it’s right for you, contact the skin care experts at Sona Med Spa. They can carry out an evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Sona Med Spa has offices in Little Rock and Memphis. The telephone numbers are 501-228-7662 for Little Rock, and (901) 683-8220 for Memphis.