Chances are you’ve heard about microdermabrasion, but you’re not sure what it does and how it can benefit your skin. Microdermabrasion is a popular cosmetic treatment that is suitable for all skin types. It is a safe, cost-effective way to rejuvenate the skin.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive treatment that rejuvenates the skin by removing the outer layer of dead skin cells from the surface. The procedure is typically performed with a mildly abrasive microdermabrasion machine that uses a diamond tip, or a stream of fine crystals.
How Does Microdermabrasion Benefit My Skin?
- Reduces The Appearance of fine lines: Removing the surface layer of dead skin cells smooths the skin, and reduces the appearance of superficial lines and wrinkles.
- Brightens A Dull Complexion: Microdermabrasion increases circulation and encourages the growth of newer, healthier skin cells that make the skin look brighter and more youthful.
- Improves Skin Tone: Uneven skin tone is characterized by areas of hyperpigmentation. Microdermabrasion evens out skin tone by lightening irregular patches of dark skin.
- Smooths The Skin: Microdermabrasion removes the dead skin cells that make the skin feel rough and appear dull. The skin that emerges is noticeably smoother and brighter.
- Unclogs Pores: Cleaning out the pores helps to prevent the formation of whiteheads, blackheads, and blemishes such as acne.
Microdermabrasion leaves the skin looking refreshed and glowing. It also helps skincare products penetrate deeper into the skin and work more effectively.
Would you like to learn more about microdermabrasion? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Glendale, AZ area, Physician Skin Solutions is our featured practice. Physician Skin Solutions uses the advanced DiamondTome by Altair Instruments, to perform microdermabrasion.
You can reach them at www.physicianskinarrowhead.com, or by calling 602-661-2452.