Would you like smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin? Beautiful skin is a desirable attribute, but achieving it isn’t easy. Fortunately, there are remarkable skin treatments such as photofacials, which can help restore skin that has lost its natural glow. But what are the benefits of photofacials.
What is a photofacial?
A photofacial is a skin treatment that uses light based technology to treat common skin problems, and rejuvenate the skin. The IPL (intense pulsed light) photofacial is the most popular option. The IPL photofacial is a non-invasive treatment that uses high intensity pulses of light to treat skin conditions. The IPL photofacial is commonly used on the face, neck, hands, and chest.
How photofacials work
The handheld device delivers multiple wavelengths of light to the lower dermal layer of the skin. The precise pulses of light target the pigment and this reduces discoloration, and removes damaged skin cells.
Treatment takes approximately 20 minutes.
How many treatments do I need?
A course of 4-5 treatments is recommended for maximum results.
What are the benefits of photofacials?
- Treat a variety of skin conditions including brown spots, age spots, enlarged pores, port wine stains, and rosacea.
- Improves the texture and smoothness of the skin.
- Boosts collagen production by affecting the tissue in the dermal layer of the skin. Collagen is a key skin protein that firms and tightens the skin.
- Minimizes signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
- Helps control acne. IPL photofacials kill the acne causing bacteria, and reduce inflammation.
- Minimal to no downtime.
Would you like to learn more about photofacials? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Gilbert, AZ, and the East Valley areas, Laser Smart Skin & Body Institute is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.lasersmartskin.com, or by calling (480) 842-5213.