So you would like to have a facelift done,and you have scheduled a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Make sure to take a list of questions with you when you go, and be very clear about what you need to know before a facelift procedure.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know before undergoing a facelift:
1. Is the surgeon you’ve chosen board certified? The best surgeons are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a plastic surgeon that is well-qualified to perform surgery on the face and body. They should also have admitting privileges at a local hospital.
2. What will the procedure be like? Ask your surgeon about the type of anesthesia that will be used, the incision sites, and the usual procedural steps.
3. What are the side-effects? It’s important to know what to expect after the procedure. Find out if there will be side-effects such as bruising, pain, or swelling, as well as how long they are projected to last.
4. What will the recovery be like? Find out if you will need assistance when you go home. It’s possible that you won’t be able to do much, so you will need someone to help you out during home recovery.
5. What kind of results can you expect? Ask your surgeon to let you see some of the before and after photos of patients that he/she has performed facelifts on, so that you know what you are likely to look like after your surgery.
If you reside in Northern California, contact Dr. Rudy Coscia for more information about facelift surgery. Dr. Coscia is a board certified plastic surgeon with several years’ experience performing facelifts. Call (916-929-1833) to schedule an appointment at his Sacramento practice, or call (916-773-5559) for the practice in Roseville.